Age UK South Gloucestershire - The Improving Homes and Wellbeing Project
This joint project is between South Gloucestershire Council and Age UK South Gloucestershire. This is a free service supporting and empowering homeowners in the 50+ age bracket and its aims are:
- To work with individuals to identify barriers to their wellbeing that have a negative effect on their circumstances and lead to their properties and land falling into disrepair.
- To support individuals and facilitate improvements to their homes and/or rectify issues that have been raised with South Gloucestershire Council about untidy land and related allegations, in order to avoid formal enforcement action.
- To identify broader support needs where appropriate, that will motivate and support individuals to maintain the condition of their property.
At the same time, they would also like to listen to any concerns you may have regarding your wellbeing, and how Age UK South Gloucestershire can help you improve your quality of life.
Some of the questions may be;
- Are you claiming all your entitlements?
- Do you need help applying for an attendance allowance or pension credit?
- Are you struggling to carry out day to day jobs and need a little help?
- Would you like advice on compiling your will?
- Help applying for home improvement grants.
- Do you need help or advice on reducing your energy bills?
- Do you feel safe in your own home?
- Would you like help speaking and arranging work with tradesmen or women?
- Do you feel lonely and want some help socialising?
- Would you like some help with reading and understanding correspondence?
If you have any concerns then please contact Age UK South Gloucestershire on 01454 411707 and they will be happy to discuss any issues you may have.
More information: http://www.ageuksouthglos.org.uk
Posted: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 18:26 by Newsroom