Parish Councillor Vacancy
Hawkesbury Parish Council is seeking applications to fill a Councillor vacancy. Before applying for the role, consider your motivation for putting yourself forward. Having an interest in our Parish and its communities is a good start. Most importantly the applicant will need to be able to act with integrity and in the best interests of the Parish Council and its Parishioners. Although you don't need any formal qualifications useful skills to include:
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- A willingness to actively participate in the Council's decision-making process using a common-sense approach.
- Confidence to ask questions and challenge where appropriate.
- Strategic and creative thinking.
- An analytical approach.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage personal conflicts of interest.
- Useful technical skills including previous experience in governance, financial understanding and experience in specialist areas
The Parish Council meet on the first Monday of the month except on bank holidays, this then is moved to the following Monday. In addition, if we receive any planning applications these need to be actioned within 21 days, therefore, a short meeting may take place on the 3rd Monday
Please submit your application to Mrs Hazel Jones, The Parish Clerk, 2, Fox Close, Hawkesbury Upton.
Or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 24th October 2022
Posted: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 10:40 by Newsroom